10 September 2011

Man Booker Prize Shortlist

The Man Booker Prize shortlist was announced on Tuesday and after my next review of a young adult book I've just finished I'm going to be reading the six shortlisted books over the next six weeks before the winner is announced on October 18th. I'm running a shadowing group with some of our sixth formers at school and am really looking forward to getting stuck in, I think it looks like a really promising shortlist with a lot of different kind of books there.

The shortlist is:

Julian Barnes - The Sense of an Ending (Random House)
Carol Birch - Jamrach's Menagerie (Canongate Books)
Patrick deWitt - The Sisters Brothers (Granta)
Esi Edugyan - Half Blood Blues (Serpent's Tail)
Stephen Kelman - Pigeon English (Bloomsbury)
A. D. Miller - Snowdrops (Atlantic)

No comments:

Post a Comment